The Buck Stops…Over There: White House Claims President Obama Learned Of VA Scandal From Media Reports Matt Gorman | May 19th, 2014
The White House used a very familiar refrain today when asked when President Obama learned about the recent VA scandal.
Press Secretary Jay Carney claimed the president learned of it through media reports.
And for those of you keeping score at home, this isn’t the first time we’ve heard something like this from The White House:
- Associated Press: Obama Learned Of IRS Targeting From News Reports: Aide
- Real Clear Politics: Carney: Obama Didn’t Know About Fast & Furious Until He Saw It In Media
- USA Today: NSA Denies Obama Knew Of Spying On German Leader
- CNN: HHS Chief: President Didn’t Know Of Obamacare Website Woes Beforehand
- Business Insider: The White House Says It Had No Idea The DOJ Seized The AP’s Phone Records
NRCC COMMENT:“The White House keeps using the same tired excuse and expects Americans to keep believing it. While it’s nice to know that President Obama is such a news junkie, Americans expect leadership and accountability from their president.” – Matt Gorman, NRCC Spokesman