House Democrats just voted to ignore voter concerns about rising inflation and the soaring cost of goods, and pass a $600 billion partisan spending package that funds their socialist agenda and special interest groups.
- Is a 21% increase in spending from Fiscal Year 2021, which will further exacerbate inflation and increase the cost of living for American families.
- Eliminates the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer-funded abortions.
- Allows for the closure of Guantanamo Bay, which keeps some of the world’s most dangerous terrorists off the streets.
- Increases the United States’ energy dependence on China.
- Restricts the government’s ability to share information for purposes of immigration enforcement activities.
- Limits school choice options, particularly for low-income students.
- Protects unions by allowing them to continue to use taxpayer-funded federal buildings to conduct business.
NRCC COMMENT: “House Democrats have never seen a spending bill they don’t like. Instead of working to reduce inflation and the rising costs of goods, Democrats doubled-down on their free-spending socialist agenda that’s hurting American families.” – NRCC Spokeswoman Torunn Sinclair